Introducing Alpha II
1. UI Implemented for xhdpi and xxhdpi devices.
2. Front Camera support implemented.
3. Back Light Integrated
1. When streaming from certain parts of the Globe, the user marker was inaccurate in regards to the users precise geographic location.
2. Fixed issue occurring when the user attempts to take a Glimpse at a Perspectives Live Stream.
3. Improved latency experienced from switching between one video to the Globe.
Hello all and welcome to Desktop Friday!
During this week’s desktop update, we bring several new features and several new bug fixes, as we prepare for the release of BETA, this Spring.
As of Wednesday of this week, we have some very special updates for all of you in regards to the development of the Alpha version on Android devices.
Thus far, our first official mock up of the User Interface is now live and working. We have also managed to implement Front Camera support and that comes with Flash as well, so if you’ve ever filmed in a location with limited lighting, you will have the ability to activate the LED light on your mobile device with ease.
Screenshot taken by a user in Minnesota, of their Teacup Yorkie.
Besides those implementations and some rather nasty bugs being addressed, progress is moving nicely. Glimpse is now being streamed in several locations around the world and it is only a matter of time before we have it in the hands of all of you.
On another note, through sheer determination, we have managed to take fourth place, out of hundreds of other competitors in the #PittBigIdea competition. Although we did not come out on top, we now have a better grasp on developing the software in a way that is most convenient for all of you.
Let us know what you think and don’t forget to share this with your friends and family and visit us over at @GlimpseGlobal for more
Until Next Time,